Ever wondered that you could bring a Sports Utility Vehicle into a race track and challenge all the racers out there?
Well, Lamborghini made it possible with the official unveiling of the Lamborghini Urus on 4th December 2017. At the official launch event, the company said that they would soon be bringing the SUV in Indian roads. Everyone thought that the promise would be like just another Tesla. However, Lamborghini silenced the critics and brought the car on Indian roads sooner than expected.
So, finally, the wait is over. Lamborghini Urus, the world’s fastest SUV is launching in India today i.e. 11th September and we are literally going gaga over it. Here’s all you need to know about the Lamborghini Urus.
1. The car has been in development for more than 6 years with the car concept first being brought forward in 2012.
2. Lamborghini Urus is the company’s first modern SUV and the first SUV by the Italian carmaker since 25 years.
3. Lamborghini has inaugurated an all-exclusive production plant just for the manufacturing of the SUV, in Italy.
4. It can reach 0-100 in a mere 3.6 seconds.
5. Lamborghini Urus can reach a top speed of 305kmph thus giving it the crown of the fastest SUV.
6. Under the hood sits a 4.0-litre turbocharged V8 breathing out a humble 650bhp of raw power at 6000rpm and 850Nm of twisting force between 2,250-4,500rpm channeled to all four wheels via an eight-speed unit.
7. One of the safest SUV’s in the market as the Lamborghini Urus is fitted with the biggest brakes ever on an SUV.
8. The car cost 3 crores ex-showroom Delhi.
9. Do we need to say anything about the design? It has got every bit of the Lamborghini touch to it.
10. All the cars allocated to the Mumbai and Delhi dealers have been sold out. So, Evan Spiegel, you better check the facts before calling India a poor country.