Yes, its that time of the month. The time when we try to forget all the mishappenings that occurred in the current year and move towards a better future. But before that, exactly 7 days before that to be exact, we celebrate Christmas. Well, it looks like you won’t have Santa Claus gift you something this time also but TrendoBuzz has got some facts about this day that might leave you spellbound. Here’s presenting to you 15 facts that you didn’t know about Christmas.
1. Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ. But there is no mention of 25th December in the Bible and most historians believe that Jesus was born sometime during the spring season.
2. Christmas purchases account for 1/6th of all retail sales in the United States annually.
3. The Christmas tree was designed by the Germans. They brought the trees into their homes and decorated them with cookies and lights.
4. If you gave all the gifts listed in the Twelve Days of Christmas, it would equal 364 gifts.
5. ‘Jingle Bells’ – was the first song sung by astronauts Tom Stafford and Wally Schirra in space.
6. Our modern-day Santa Claus has to travel faster than light to deliver gifts to all the kids in the world. Still, believe Santa is real?
7. A law in Britain to this day forbids you from not visiting a church on Christmas day. As you might have guessed, no one gives a damn about the law.
8. The first Christmas was celebrated on December 25, AD 336 in Rome.
9. Christmas trees were first decorated with fruits. Candles and electric lights came at a later point in time.
10. The Friday and Saturday before Christmas are the busiest shopping days in the United States.
11. The largest floating Christmas tree in the world (278 feet tall) is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
12. The tallest living Christmas tree is believed to be the 122-foot, 91-year-old Douglas fir in the town of Woodinville, Washington.
13. A Christmas dinner lasts 4 hours in Italy.
14. Approximately 35 million Christmas trees are produced during the Christmas season to keep pace with the demand.
15. Gifts are shared during the Christmas season to symbolize the gifts given to Jesus by the three wise men.
Featured Image Source : Pixabay